Monday, December 15, 2008

RIP Mom


Wow, how quickly things can change. 2 days ago we were supposed to bring my mom home. That got postponed because we had to change some of her medications and get more help, so yesterday at 3 the ambulance was to pick her up from the hospital to bring her home. At 1:42 my brother, nephew and I sat by her side while my mom passed away. She was peaceful. And now she is completely not in pain, she will no longer struggle to breathe. It's heartbreaking though. It's a bittersweet situation. I hate realizing that she won't be there when we have our first child, for my nephews graduation, any important moments in life. As much as we argued I will miss not having her to call to talk, for her input. I saved a recent message of hers. She rarely would call without medical questions, but this message was a simple "I love you, hope you're having a good time." Something touched me about that, and I'm so glad I will have that saved, and I can always dial a few numbers to hear her say I love you. This photo is from earier in the week, my mom all hopped up on drugs trying to figure out if the straw would fit on her face like she thought it should. Turns out she decided it didn't.

5 comments:

Sarah Elwer said...

Cassie, I will be praying for you and your family, I'm so sorry!

Misty Thornton said...

Cassie, Im so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your family also. Let me know if you need anything. I love you.

MisCue said...

I can't imagine what you're going through. My thoughts are with you and your family. I remember your mom would always make us get in the back seat of the car and I always thought it was weird because why couldn't we stay in the front? but i guess for safety reasons, we had to go in the back. I'll always remember that. I'm sorry.

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

Love you and your mom! You guys are in our prayers!

Pixie said...

Love you.

FYI on the message front. Call your phone company and they should be able to (and usually are VERY willing to) put that message on a CD for you. :)