Thursday, January 15, 2009

This year is full of surprises!

With sorrow there also comes joy. 5 days after my mom passed Derek and I found out we were pregnant (well, thought we were, 3 positive tests later we were convinced!) While the time has been hard missing my mom, I am so looking forward to having this new life that is growing within! It's bittersweet, but this little bundle of joy has definitely allowed me to keep my focus on something else and be hopeful for the future and not longing for the past. We're now 9 weeks along and so far things are looking good. It's very exciting as I'll get to share this time with a long lost friend from hs that is just a few days further along than me! What a blessing this child is!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!
Heather

Unknown said...

YAY when is your due date? how are you feeling!!! I am so excited for you I hope you are feeling well. xoxo hope to see you at sarah's shower!

Unknown said...

YAY i am so excited for you. I am only 5 weeks ahead of you! when is your due date!!! looks like you guys got busy after the harvest festival... xoxo

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

Hooray! That is awesome! I am so happy for you. (Who is the high school friend??)

Cass said...

Sorry, for all, I will be due Aug 19th.