Friday, October 31, 2008

Insomnia

I hate insomnia. It screws up my whole day. And with today being moving day I really cannot afford being so tired. I even went to bed early, really who goes to sleep at 930? But I was that tired, so I looked forward to a nice long good night's rest and ready to face the day ahead of me. My body decided that 4-5 hours it's gotten used to was enough, so just after 2 I was wide awake. Now I'm sleepy but just keep tossing and turning. Sure enough 6 will come and I'll be ready to crash out, but nope, that's when I'll have to get up and spend all day finishing packing and moving boxes and appliances. Ugh.
This past week on the other hand has been lots of fun, the calm before the storm so to speak. Last weekend was a couple Halloween parties so Derek and I got dressed up as a Bavarian couple and headed out with my friend Nikki from work. I must say I was so proud of myself for our costumes. I had a dirndl top I bought from Austria and added the rest from my own closet. I actually had to make Derek's leiderhosen, which despite how silly he felt, I think turned out remarkably well! Unfortunately I will have to wait to upload those pics until after the move. I had a great time hanging out with work friends and dancing the night away. Derek loved all the sports that were on, however isn't so fond of dancing, so after the UFC fight was over, he got a bit bored. Overall it ended up being a good night for all. After working the following days Nikki and I made a point to hit up the Ducks/Redwings game. I will say being a Redwings fan, but just a hockey fan, it gets very dissapointing watching the Ducks win. True the Ducks do have quite a few good players and overall aren't too bad, but I just can't get over the idea that they're a disney team. Don't get me wrong, I love Disneyland and all that, but how can you take a sports team that was created after a Disney movie seriously?? And to have them beat my beloved Wings, in OT?? Ugh. Well, there's another game in Jan we're already planning on, so hopefully I'll be able to be a proud fan and celebrate a victory at that time!

1 comment:

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

That would suck. I am used to not too much sleep also, but it's getting better as the kids get older. We were just talking about the days when we would sleep in until past 8am...aaahhhh heaven.